1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Squeaks & noises

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jsorger, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jsorger

jsorger New Member

So my latest squeak is emanating from the cable that goes to the rear view mirror (at the rear view mirror). Pushing it in stops it, but then it starts up again.

I was debating putting some epoxy on there but am hesitant.
    Anyone else seen had this happen?

2. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You might try spraying some silicone spray in the vicinity of the squeak and wiping the excess overspray off.

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

let's not forget WD40, the single most common item in toolboxes around the world!

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

rather than epoxy use RTV silicone as you can just apply pressure to remove it but epoxy is there forever.

5. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

i have a squeak in the rear view mirror casing. i push it in from time to time, but will most likely wd-40 it.
    -r

6. marichandra

marichandra New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am noticing a rattle when accelerating. It comes from the motor and stops when I lift my ffot from the pedal. I am hearing this at speeds of 30mph and less. What could it be? Should i bring the car back to the dealer - which is 40 miles away????