1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Squeaky Rear Spoiler on 2008 Touring Models

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rochesteruser, Mar 20, 2008.

1. rochesteruser

rochesteruser Cruzin' in Rochester MN

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have any of the 2008 Touring Model Owners noticed a squeak/creak from the rear spoiler when you drive over anything bumpy? If so, how have you remedied the annoying noise?

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I haven't noticed any squeeking coming from the rear of my Touring. How do you know it is the spoiler?

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't have a Touring model. but when I hear a squeak from the rear area, it usually means the rear folding seat is not latched tightly. Open the catch and slam the seat back and see if it goes away. It worked for me.

4. llmhillman

llmhillman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008 Touring model. I haven't noticed any thing like that.

5. rochesteruser

rochesteruser Cruzin' in Rochester MN

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The local Toyota Dealer had their aftermarket installer ride with me yesterday and he said it was the spoiler bracket. He told me that he has already fixed 3 of the Touring Models already that they had sold. It's a known problem and all he did to fix it was take the spoiler off and pad it up with this sticky foam tape on all the edges and used Silicone Spray on the plastic brackets. It works great and the creak is now gone. But I was just curious if there were other Touring Owners who have experienced this annoying sound.

6. themaskedmedea

themaskedmedea New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When I get my car back from the shop, I'll have to check on mine! Thanks for the tip.