1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SS/SE Problem!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BrettDanKen, Jul 16, 2005.

1. BrettDanKen

BrettDanKen Junior Member

A buddy and I were taking off from San Diego to southern Utah for a Prius ride and photo adventure in the stunning national parks/monuments in that area. Since we'd be tent camping and moving a lot I decided it would be prudent to give him a fob to carry in case I lost mine or it went "belly up". I gave him one and kept the other one in my pocket when I picked him up. During the day, whenever we stopped for whatever it seemed like the se/ss system was kind of erratic and I became kind of concerned. We were going to some pretty remote parts of the country and a long way from any dealership help.... Late in the afternoon we were coming out of a restaurant and I got to the car before he did and the car wouldn't unlock for me. I became upset until he walked up, then magically, the car opened up. We got in and drove away, me still worried about the erratic operation. I finally decided the fob battery must be the problem so I pull it out of my pocket and take a look. Turns out that I had the remote from my Tundra............. What a knucklehead!! All worked out beautifully on the rest of my trip, once I had "his" fob in my pocket............
    Thought you'd enjoy, Bill

2. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While I have no "technical data" to back this up, here is a conclusion based on my own observations.

• I'm basing this on the following:

• Isn't technology wonderful? :mrgreen:

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:d581546de3]Um, 2.4MHz...[/font:d581546de3]

4. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant\";p=\"107920)</div>
    No, 2.4 GHz. Its where almost all unlicensed stuff is found today.

5. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:980756087d]You're right, I meant GHz. But I also meant 2.4GHz, not 2.5GHz.[/font:980756087d]

6. BrettDanKen

BrettDanKen Junior Member

The bottom line was that I had a "non-fob" in my pocket most of the first day, a "regular remote" for my Tundra. I wasn't catching on that it didn't work as a real Prius fob, the car only noticed when my buddy was around. I was just wondering if other Prius owners have found that malfunctions turn out to be synapse lapses of the driver. As I said, the joke was on me............ go in peace.

7. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    peaceful

[font=Comic Sans MS:1ef907d582]I once had the devil's own time trying to lock my car. It simply would not lock. My wife wanted to lock her purse in the car in the covered cargo area. Guess what was in her purse...

Yep, the other fob.

I can easily understand your confusion and frustration, BrettDanKen. Peace to you too.[/font:1ef907d582]