1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SSC 40G

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by earlobejr, Sep 13, 2004.

1. earlobejr

earlobejr New Member

For those of us in the local area who own the Classic Prius (2000-2003), has anyone had the SSC 40G work done? This is a fix to the battery terminals that is advertised as being a 4hr job but has been taking my dealer a full day to execute.

I bought my Super White 2002 Prius, and have had all service done, at Jim Coleman Toyota in Potomac, Maryland. I bought it there because I also have a Maryland address (in Ocean City) and MD forgave the sales tax for hybrids registered in Maryland in 2002 when I bought it. We currently have about 44K miles on the vehicle and cannot praise the joys of driving it enough.

Service has been excellent and yet somewhat uncommunicative. I never received the notice for the SSC 40G as was supposed to happen but when I inquired they readily admitted I needed it and scheduled me in almost immediately. But I have been out of town on business travel and had to cancel two appointments so far. Currently scheduled for September 20th.