1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SSC-50P Anyone else not get the notice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by efusco, Nov 22, 2005.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know I qualify for the SSC-50P. I'm in no hurry to have the work done. I've gotten every other recall notice is a pretty timely manner (usually the first week or so after they started mailing them), but I'm yet to get the letter for the 50P.

I'm just wondering if mine was lost in the mail or if they're batching them and I'm just in a batch that hasn't yet gone out.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi "Doctor Evan"

I got my official SSC-50P notice about 10 days back. It surprised me since I bought my Prius slightly used (4,000 miles), sent in the new owner card a year ago, but this is the first notice I have received.

I'm with you on "not being in a rush." With the several reports on fried ECMs, I prefer to wait awhile and confirm that my selected dealer has actually done several. Perhaps they're using the VINs in sequence to send the notices. My Prius is an "early '04" having been built in September '03.

I admit to being somewhat "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix it' person, however, I will have this done together with the brake light switch - in due time.

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They are likely staggering the mailings.

My Prius was built Jan 04 and I just got my notice last Friday.

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Again, I know what needs to be done and I'll do it in about 1500 miles when I go in for the next oil change and service. But it's just a bit odd that the timing is so delayed...wasn't in today's mail either.

5. Liam

Liam New Member

I have not yet received the notice, but when my car was in for 60,000 miles service last week the dealer did the reprogramming. It seems like I always get the notices months after the first one comes out.

6. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My 2005 was assembled in mid-September 2004, and delivered in late October.
    I received the SSC-50P Recall notice 11/8/05.
    Having said all that, I have no idea where my car falls on the Recall mailing list.

BTW, having read most of what has been posted here concerning the horror stories while installing SSC-50P, I'm going to wait until early next year to have it installed. That hopefully will be after the software fault in the installation test equipment computer has been corrected, installed, and verified. My local dealer agrees with that approach, especially since I'm not having a problem.

Is there anyone on this forum who knows or can find out what the schedule is for the test equipment software correction?

7. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Received notice Saturday, 19 November. Took vehicle to dealer Monday, 21 November at 0800. Got car back at 11:30 a.m.

I carry my Trek 5200 bicycle in the back and rode home while the vehicle was being serviced. When I return to the dealer to pick up the vehicle, all the service reps were very complimentary about the bicycle. I put the bicycle in the back and drove home. Prius and Trek are a nice combination.

8. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The VIN of my Prius falls into the ranges. I haven't received any recall notice yet. Anyhow, I intend to wait till they sort out the kinks anyway. Maybe when my 10K service is due early next year.

9. texvegas

texvegas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Prius was delivered in December of 2003 and I qualify. I called Toyota today and they told me the mailings were staggered. After reading about the software glitches, I am now in no hurry. No problems at almost 20k.

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Mine was manufactured in Jan/2005 so I know I should at least get the notice to apply the dielectric-grease, but haven't seen anything yet.

11. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

did you not get called for the SSC-40-D recall? if no problems so far I'd think about the whole thing and probably skip it altogether, or tell the dealer you just want the connector greased and thats it.

12. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just came in the mail today, Nov. 26th.

13. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is the pony express still operating in your part of the country? ;)

On a serious note, what was the postmark (if there was any)?

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to check to see where and when the postmark was. Actually, mail service is relatively good here considering how rural we are. And I usually get the notices in the first or second week after they're sent out. This was an outlier.

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    got mine yesterday the 25th

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am not in a hurry either but I did not get mine. I got the Nav recall. What gives??

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i will try to get mine done by ifixem if they let me do requests since he does works so close by and seems to be on the ball. probably wait till spring though right now

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got mine on Saturday. I am not sure when I am going in. I have a radiator blocker and do not want Toyota poking around my car. I may wait till spring. Inserting and removing it is a pain.

19. IFixEm

IFixEm New Member

Hydry....none of us care what you do to your car (at this store anyway), to make it more suitable to you. There is no need to remove anything before you come in. We might raise an eyebrow if you come in for a low mileage complaint while towing a 32' grady white....other than that, we feel it's you car now not toyota's. If you feel uneasy, just ask for me and I'll look the other way. I did one on friday while installing an EV. I think I can overlook your rad blocker.
    Regards, Mike

20. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I will schedule as soon as I can figure out my schedule. I may wait for the 2500 service. I am hoping the oil change folks set the tire pressure correctly. Last time the rotated the tires 42 rear and 40 front. If I tell them 42 front 40 rear will they fix it. I did not talk to they about tire pressure last time?