1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SSC40D: What does it really do?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rflagg, Jul 9, 2004.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

Ok, so I'm on my first tank after the SSC40D. I have had the widely known gas gauge problem for the first 10k of the car - occasionally it'll skip a bar (go from 2 to blinking one, etc), and once you get used to it, it's not really a problem - just keep watching the screen and keep a running total of approximate gallons used.

For the first time ever though, I've gone over 500 miles before the last bar started blinking. My mileage was 51.2MPG and the last bar started blinking at 515 miles. (currently at about 51.4MPG, 520 or so miles). This means that approximately I've used 10 gallons before the last bar started blinking - and before this it's always been much much less - closer to 8 or 9 when it starts blinking.

But now, with the difference in my power button lighting after the SSC40D, and hearing of other people noticing a gas gauge difference, I'm really wondering - was there more to the SSC40D than originally stated? At the very least, it did change my power button lighting scheme so that now when I run the car, the light is off instead of green. Anyone know what's up?

-m.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I noticed the light wasn't green, but I hadn't been paying attention to it enough to say it came along with 40D.

My MPGs vary with each tank of gas. I'm still fighting to stay above 42MPG on this latest tank of Citgo. I'm thinking of adding dry gas just to see if it shows they had water in the tank or something...