1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SSR Alloy wheels Interest.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by FuelSpender, Jul 8, 2009.

1. FuelSpender

FuelSpender New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a friend who runs a shop is potentially interested in doing a group buy on the SSR Type C and Type F for the Prius or wondering if there is enough interest in these high quality wheels (because there has been good interest in the RAYS wheels).

For the ones wondering what SSR (Speed Star Racing) is: These are the famous SSR "Competition" Wheels SSR sold through Tire rack a while back, and are extremely light and strong (due to forging, and SSR's history of making lightweight, motorsports wheels).

Sizes/Wheels being considered are:

SSR Type C/Type C-RS

Bolt Pattern: (5 x 100) 17 x 7.5, 8, and 8.5 + 49 for the Type C

18 x 7.5 + 49

SSR Wheels

For the Type F: 16 x 8 + 38/+48,

Bolt Pattern: (5 x 100) 17 x 7.5 + 48, 17 x 8 + 38/+44, and 17 x 8.5 + 44.

SSR Wheels - SSR Type-F

SSR Wheels

The links for some of the weights and the OEM weights are listed there. The retail pricing per wheel is listed on the wheel's mini-site itself. He was thinking maybe 15% off retail...

** I want people to remember that I am not the one doing the group buy/or testing waters for it, but it is my friend who is considering doing this if there is interest. So please don't flame me for advertising, as it's not my intention. But, I am a fan of SSR Wheels.

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :p I'd go for the Type-Fs but I ordered my Volks a couple months ago....

EDIT: I might be picking up an S2000 in a few weeks so I may be up for some Fs after all.

3. turnerdhr

turnerdhr HellaFlush(TM) Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'd go for the Type-Cs. I'm riding on similar 19x8 deep dish 6 split spoke wheels... but it's your call....

4. FuelSpender

FuelSpender New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am sure he could do it, but shipping to singapore might be expensive. Are you pretty interested in the Type Cs?

5. Prius Happy

Prius Happy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm couple of months late... I'm guessing this is no more lol

6. YeahYeahGetItGetIt

YeahYeahGetItGetIt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah, I'm late too but I've been looking at a set of 17" Type C-RS's for a while but don't quite have the cash. If a discounted price is still available through another group buy or something, I might be interested depending on how much the price would get down to.