1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stains from jeans on the seat?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Surrylic, May 20, 2012.

1. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My last car had tan or beige pretend leather seats. My jeans, thank you American Eagle, stained my drivers seat within I'd say 5-10k miles. I tried everything I could and just couldn't get the stains to even begin to fade. I feel a little safer with cloth seats in my C3, but the middle still is lightly colored and that worries me. So instead of getting rid of every pair of jeans I own and buying a new wardrobe from a different store, I may just get a seat cover :p

Has anyone had any issues with this so far? I know most of us don't too many miles on cars yet, but I thought I'd ask. Additionally, any sites that have custom covers yet?

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    The only time I've ever had jeans stain anything was when they were brand new dark colored ones that I hadn't yet washed. It rained, and the dye ran down to my white socks. Did your jeans really continue to stain things after they were washed? Because that would be weird (I think).

4. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Blue jean stains will bleach out if exposed to sunshine for a few hours.

JeffD