1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

stall at high speeds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by trenapt, Oct 8, 2005.

1. trenapt

trenapt New Member

Since I can't come up with anything by searching (due to server problems), can someone tell me the latest info re: the stalling issue? All I know is that Wall Street Journal reported this problem and Toyota was supposed to be investigating it? A couple salespersons said they never heard of it...yeah, right. <_<

2. Vespasian

Vespasian New Member

It was a software problem that was fixed a while ago.

3. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    a non issue...as above...a software glitch...

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why are you asking? Have you had the problem? Have you seen your dealer about it?

It only affected '04 and a few early '05 MY vehicles and there's a very easy fast software updated to fix it if you have a vehicle that might be affected.

5. trenapt

trenapt New Member

Thanks, everyone! My car is coming in two weeks and was just wondering if I should expect to have the problem, but wasn't too worried, since I was not reading any posts about it since becoming a priuschat member. I also had a coworker that wanted a prius, but bought a corolla after hearing about the stalling. She'll be sorry she missed out! :)