1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stalling out when trying to accelerate 2003 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wm12782, Sep 17, 2013.

1. wm12782

wm12782 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Car will be running fine, then intermediately when trying to accelerate car will stall out. When this happens on my screen I get a warning PS+battery that says main+the red ! with the car. I also get a red triangle with ! on the dash display along with check engine and brake light comes on. When the car is restarted, sometimes it won't have any power when trying to accelerate then after a few times of restarting car will run fine. I have done the maintenance recommended on here to the throttle body and cleaned the MAF sensor. Since I have done this, it has happened less frequently. And now it hasn't been stalling out, but when the errors flash on dash screen the accelerator has no power. Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

2. BreakingPrius

BreakingPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Uh oh, sounds like a battery problem!

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'll need to have the diagnostic trouble codes read, if you want meaningful suggestions about what is wrong. Good luck.