1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Standard Package 6 not available

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sincitymedic, Jan 25, 2007.

1. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am strongly considering a Prius for a number of reasons. Having looked over the available options, I like the Standard w/ Package 6. I was told, however, by a dealer in my area that Package 6 was only available on the Touring edition. Can anyone confirm/deny this & clear up as to why this might be?????

Thanks so much.

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not sure where Kramerica is, but if you're in the Southeast Region, that's been an old trick of that distributor to force buyers to have leather installed at his Port facility in Jacksonville. You can order one and wait or buy outside of the SET area, where the Prius cost dealers $600 less.

3. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sincitymedic @ Jan 25 2007, 02:52 AM) [snapback]380502[/snapback]</div>
    millertoyota.com shows alot of cars in stock.
    here is a link to standard pkg#6

www.millertoyota.com

I bought my 2006 prius from them and would buy from them again.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello sincitymedic

I urge you to indicate your actual location in your Profile and/or Signature so other PriusChat-ters will be able to answer your questions accurately.

Some Packages are difficult to find in some regions, but we don't know where you are. In the South Central region [Houston TX Distributer], Package 6's are available although the dealers prefer you purchase the Package 5 so they can profit more on the port-installed leather as mentioned above. I insisted on the Package 6 which required a two-week wait when the Package 5 was in stock for immediate delivery. I felt the factory-installed leather was a better fit and included the leather-wrapped steering wheel. In the Package 5 with added leather, they put a thin pad under the leather and call it "Liquicell Comfort." It felt lumpy to my wife. I had one "Internet Sales Manager" assure me that the only leather available was "port installed." I suggested he check the specifications on the Package 6 after which he was wiser. That dealership had both Package 5 and Package 6 in stock so we were able to compare. We, however, already had a better deal elsewhere.

5. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Charles,

Per your recommendation, I changed my locale.....I am quite near you, it would seem. The cost of having the port-installed leather vs. the package 6 leather is equivalent, at least according to the guy at toyota of Plano. I sat in the Liquicell & I kinda liked it---reminded me of memory foam. The other reason the port-installed seemed like a viable option was the ability for the dealership to contract out prior to final delivery to install heated seats.

Just out of curiosity, is there any major difference between the touring & standard (esp since I see you have the Touring & that one is more-readily available.