1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Star Wars Episode III Teaser Trailer now online

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

AWESOME!!! Thank you for posting.

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

As with all star wars movies....I can't wait. :)

-m.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    there is a preview of the filming for SW3 on the new DVD of the first three movies (IV, V and VI that is) on the bonus disk

5. frbill

frbill New Member

WOW!

Thanks Danny!

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    They showed this teaser on the WGN morning news today. One of the anchors asked the movie guy if it's true that on the SW DVD set, they are morphing the "Darth Vader reveal" into the adult face of the actor who plays Anikin(sp?). I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I am an old-school kind of guy.

Does anyone have the DVD set? Have you seen this? Can you confirm or deny?

7. rflagg

rflagg Member

I'm not sure about when the mask is removed, if it's still the same guy or Hayden Christensen - but I know at the very end, the 3 spirits (Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin), they did change it to the new actor, Hayden, instead of the original guy. Pisses me off, it does.

Alas, I do own the box set, just haven't opened it yet - apparently they also 'fixed up' Jabba's CGI, Greedo still shoots first but by just a microsecond at Han, they show Naboo celebrating at the end, and a few other minor things.

George, please stop messing with the history of the movie. :)

-m.

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hmmm. The Storm troopers they pan over in the trailer are SO clearly computer generated. Makes it look more like a video game than something that is 'real'.
    I've not seen the more recent movies so perhaps it is no different. I understand doing a computer generated Gollum, as no person could do the part. And I'm sure a lot of the Star Wars special effects would be impossible without the computer animations. Still .... maybe I'm just an old fogey who wants the real stuff to look real. :)

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the set, and no, they didn't change the face under the mask to be Hayden Christianson, but they did put eyebrows on him :)

For the "Spirit" images of Yoda, Obiwan, and Anakin, they have replaced the old dude behind the Vader mask to be Hayden Christianson.

A good change, I think, since the spirits should appear as they were when they were Jedi's, not after he was dropped in a fiery lava pit and turned to the Dark Side.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Just seeing the trailer on a tiny screen gave me the chills. I can't wait to see it at Graumann's Chinese!

12. DanH

DanH New Member

Thanks Danny! :D You made my son's day.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    6 ½ months to go!!

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw the trailer on the 'big screen' tonight when we went to see The Incredibles...which, btw, was funny.

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think Star Wars fans are divided like Trekkies. You have the Classic Trekkies and the NeoTrekkies. The difference for me is that while I enjoyed ST:TNG I just can't get into Star Wars Episodes 1 - 3. The Classics used to be classic until they changed them. I have the VHS box set and I suppose those will always be original.

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    in some cases, classics should be left alone. however in the SW trilogy, they deserved to be modernized. the movies were way ahead of their time.

most of the special effects as bad as they were nevertheless had to be invented in order to be used in the movies.

imho, the stories were not changed enough to make a difference and the visual difference is stunning.

i for one am very glad Lucas saw fit to make them look as good as he possibly could.

17. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i just can't believe they are starting the hype now... the movie doesn't come out until may, for heaven's sake...

having said, that, the 8 hours or so i spent last week with the new dvd set and my new home theatre were fantastic... :mrgreen:

18. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Starting now...on AOL they've had "behind the scenes" stuff for episode III for months now. This is the culmination of something that started 27 years ago...it's a big deal (in a sense). They'll keep the hype building for the entire time.

On an interesting side note. My, now deceased, younger brother had quite a huge collection of the original Star Wars toys (now refered to as Episodes IV & V). When he died my parents put the stuff in a storage building. Well, my kids (5 years old) have been growing an interest in the SW series, they've seen all the movies, understand the general plot and have memorized the main characters. When they found out about the collection my parents were more than happy to dump it on us. Well, they brought it up yesterday and my kids are just thrilled with this huge collection of classic toys. I've got mixed feelings b/c I think I could sell the stuff for a few hundred bucks b/c there are some pretty rare toys in the set....albeit not in very good shape.

19. rflagg

rflagg Member

The Luke Skywalker in the Stormtrooper outfit, outside of the box, is going for about $100-150. I still have a good deal of mine, but I believe that's one of the most expensive, unless you have the really really early ones (ie, the original 6 or so - luke with blond hair, etc.) Just an fyi for you.

-m.

20. Ryomatic

Ryomatic New Member

OK, what's up with the incredibly silly pose that they have Vader in when he is bound in his shackles. Rising up from depths, he is completely reconstituted into the most powerful servant of the dark side....only to say "hi-dee-doo!" It never ceases to amaze me how Lucas completely disregards the actors' posing and staging.

I'm seeing the movie anyway :roll: