1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Starting new

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Begreen, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Finally tonight after a couple weeks of bad starts and dealer experiences we are about to get our new Prius. I can hardly wait. I fly to Portland on Sat. to pick it up. Its maiden voyage will be up I5 to it's Washington home.

After agonizing hours, eBay bids and losses, massive compromises (even considered salvage title), dealer greed, long wait promises, we connected via Craigslist with a dealer in Portland that had a consignment coming in. He arranged a swap with a local dealer that had a new model of the same pkg. 7 config. and now our silver Prius is coming home on Saturday. Woohoo!! Have to pinch myself to believe it. :D

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Begreen! I have a Silver Cloud myself and LOVE IT! What dealer are you getting it from? Do you have your pick-up check list? Know to not buy maintenance or extended warranty from the dealer? :unsure:

Have a great ride home!

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Bill,
    I've been following your posts. Thanks for the advice. This was a no-pressure deal from Toyota of Gladstone (Portland, OR). Conducted entirely via the phone and internet with Travis. I'll let you know how it works out. No problem on the ext. warranty, I won't be taking anything but the car. There is a good chance I'll be voiding warranty anyhow in the next few years for lithium ion conversion. No pickup checklist. Is this mentioned in another thread? My plan is to let the car tell me how to get to I5 and cruise. ;)
    - Will

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new car!

vfaq.net for the list.

5. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    is silver cloud the same as millenium silver? how can you get an 05 silver cloud?

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yes. Silver Cloud is Bill's name for the car.

7. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Millenium silver has been discontinuted for 06. It has been replaced with classic silver. I've seen classic silver and it is nice. If I were to compare them, in natural light the millenium silver has a more earthy appearance and in different lighting conditions almost appears to have a beige look to it. I don't like brown cars or brown interiors, however the millenium silver appearance is not brown or beige in nature. Classic silver seems to have more blues in it and as such is a bit brighter and has no hint of earthyness.