1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Starting to get a bit annoyed....

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by mwalsh, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ....with people for whom this car is clearly not the right fit, who insist on polluting the Leaf Facebook page with their negativity about the car and it's perceived performance (or as they insist...lack thereof). Wth are they even bothering wasting their time?

If a car isn't right for you, then move the f :censored: k on and find one that is! :mad:

Thankfully, these trolls have yet to find their way to any of the Leaf forums in any significant way. :glare:

2. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    probably plants from Big Oil/Detroit/the big 3, perhaps even paid trolls, like our suspected friend bigdog123 may have been (haven't heard from him a while now thankfully)

3. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm. I'm so naive, I would have never thought such things were likely. But that actually does make perfect sense.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The same thing happened with the Prius and continues to happen, despite years of success.

Tom

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey, it's the internet. A lot of people have nothing better to do.

6. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister New Member

Model:
    N/A
    I remember the test drive I had in the Prius here in the UK, got to a set of lights at a major intersection and a guy in an Audi TT looked, shook his head and mouthed "wanker".

Imagine, a guy, in a hairdressers car giving me verbal for driving a Prius, I was chuckling though when he stalled it and I whupped him off the lights.

Got to admit, I had my pre-conceptions and it took an extended test drive (24hrs) for me to put those behind me and order the Prius. The Leaf is going to face the same derision and as the OP said, if it ain't for you move along. If everyone liked the same stuff, then life would be pretty damn boring!

7. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister New Member

Model:
    N/A
    Indeed, to many keyboard warriors around. I am getting a merciless slating from some of my buddies, but I have bikes for burning fossil fuels for entertainment and I will be smiling when I see how much fuel I am "not" using in the Prius:) (Currently spend approx £380 per month on diesel)

[​IMG]

8. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have not looked at the "Leaf Facebook" site, but on Priuschat, I think the overwhelming sentiments expressed have been favorable for the Leaf. Not so with the Volt, but the Leaf has been well touted.

9. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes, I agree. The hate of the Volt here is quite similar to the hate of the Leaf on facebook. Everyone says why the car is not for them or how they hate the car company etc. Ok. I know you don't want 'CAR X', but that does not mean everyone else is JUST LIKE YOU.

10. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have been clear that a Leaf is not for me, but supportive in that I not only list problems but solutions. I am going to have to see a Volt work and stay in production for more than 3 weeks, before I have much kind to say about it.

Aspen hybrid was in production for 3 weeks before it was cancelled, the Saturn Vue 2 mode hybrid never made it off a production line, but pre-production samples exist(ed).

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What . . . I suppose you're trying to say the Hummer is NOT more efficient than the Prius? . . . and that the Sudbury nickel mine is NOT the fault of the Prius? And Lutz never believed the Prius is just a PR stunt?

:pound:

12. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A Prius is less efficient while being driven at 110mph than a M3, everyone knows that!:D

While A Leaf or a Volt is not for me. I have been very supportive of both platforms. If it's not for you, it's not for you. If you back that up with facts, then I have no problem with that at all. That's makes for a good discussion.

I start to get annoyed with people making up facts or using urban legends/myths to try to disparage a prius/leaf/volt etc...

I am getting annoyed with everyone lumping in ford with chrysler and gm with their BIG 3 conspiracy theory, when Ford will have a BEV long before the magical and holy toyota ever will. Add to the fact that Ford has not received a hand out, but toyota did receive a handout from the japanese gov't.

1 person likes this.
  13. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, don't get me started on Ford. I'd have my name down for a Focus EV right now if we just knew where they were at with the bloody things. It's time for Ford to start being a little more forthcoming about where they are at with development. Spoken as the current owner of 2 Focii.

14. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    ah but Toyota was "snubbed" by the US Government and the Big 3 on the "SuperCar" project in the 1990's, so they built their own, it's called.... are you ready for it... "The Toyota Prius" :)

Meanwhile the big 3 deep sixed all of the SuperCar research (over 1.5 Billion in US taxpayer funds, not to mention nearly a billion each privatly), and all 3 of them had proof of concept working demo cars, in the 72-80MPG in the year 2000

who had the last laugh?

15. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The last laugh is the people accelerating out of control. :D

So let me get this straight all manufacturers had cars that did 72-80 mpg and the best toyota could come up with 20 years later is 51mpg? that sounds like a winner to me! and a fleet average that is no better than Ford, and worse than hyundai and honda?

Rose colored glasses anyone!:welcome:

16. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    They had PROTOTYPE cars, not production cars. The point is, the Toyota Prius might never have been, had the big 3 not killed the SuperCar project. And over 50MPG in a PRODUCTION, mass marketed car is not bad. Look at the numbers for GM. Ford and Chryslers small cars (are they even in business any longer?)

P.S. No one is "accelrating out of control" in a Prius, that was debunked long ago. Mr Sikes is a total fraud.

http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/29025-supercar-project.html

17. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

18. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, GHWB should be prosecuted for crimes against the american people :)

19. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've checked the numbers on ford, they are selling well, without 0% financing to achieve their sale goals.

P.S. Last time I checked Toyota made more cars than just the prius

20. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I know, my mother has a 2010 Camry XLE, couldn't talk her into a hybrid. what was the point now? I forget :)