1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Starting to see some posts of 2023s over on Reddit.

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by farmecologist, Feb 28, 2023.

1. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
  2. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    MSRP at LONGO TOYOTA. Greater LA area. Wait list is now 1000 people...which is about 2 years...:rolleyes:

Gokhan and farmecologist like this.
  3. farmecologist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II

Haha yeah...I never said any of us have a chance of getting one any time soon...just that we are starting to actually see some in customer hands now.

Gokhan and ColoradoCrow like this.
  4. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I just found out I’m first in line for an XLE with one of the two dealers I’ve been waitlisted with. The other 6 people all wanted Limited trims. Fingers crossed for an allocation!

Kalianyia and ColoradoCrow like this.
  5. farmecologist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    So...at MSRP? Personally, I refuse to pay anything more than MSRP on any vehicle. (y)

pghyndman and Gokhan like this.
  6. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Yes, at MSRP. Wouldn’t have been waiting 11 months on it if it weren’t. ;) This particular dealer didn’t get many allocations last year when I called asking about a 2022, so I was bumped to a 2023.

7. David Mk.2

David Mk.2 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    This dealer gets hailed as great for only selling at MSRP but then mostly silence about the pain of having to be on the waitlist for a full year. There's really no way to have your cake and eat it too in this market, it's pay to play or take a seat :)

Good to see at least some are trickling into the hands of real people though. Can't wait to see my first one out in the wild. And of course to get my own hands on one

8. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Who remembers the old days when the Prius marketing team actively participated here and offered PriusChat members the option of preordering Gen 3? Those were the days.

ColoradoCrow and hill like this.
  9. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    UPDATE: I got a call today from the dealer that said I was first up for an XLE. There is now an XLE AWD in Wind Chill Pearl with my name on it. Should be arriving at the dealership in late April or early May.

Kalianyia and ColoradoCrow like this.
  10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    (sigh)
    What a sad epitaph for a car suffering from languishing sales. Will the same thing happened to its prime version? The Prius easily could be resuscitated, but for Toyota's failure to assure contracts for all the needed batteries - chips - Etc. With so many other great high mileage cars coming out now as well as on the horizon? (Sigh) So much for the notion "strike while the iron is hot". Then, when you throw in dealership ripoffs charging thousands over MSRP? Why in the world Toyota doesn't just tell dealerships, "if you price gouge, no more cars for you"
    .... it's a mystery

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    supposedly had an inside track to THE very early GEN III Prius, their very 1st version with park assist - solar roof Etc. Had it delivered in metallic sand, sort of a light gold. When it was finally delivered? The steelership in essence told me grab my ankles as they jacked it up 1,000s over MSRP.
    While talking to the very indifferent manager about it - I just turned around & walked out.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  12. odensc

odensc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just saw a Wind Chill Pearl Gen 5 on the road here in Portland, OR. Looks super nice in person.