1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Statewide mandatory ethanol blend

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by DieselConvert, Jun 12, 2006.

1. DieselConvert

DieselConvert Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :angry: After several "service" station operators tore themselves from the cash registers servicing Coke and cigarette sales, and receiving "Wha??" responses to my question about required posting of labels showing ethanol content, I received this e-reply:
    "Mr. Neufeld,
    The mandatory state wide ethanol blend in Calif is 6%. Since we blend this all year at all Valero's in California the Federal EPA exempted Calif from dispenser decals/labels.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 8:25 AM
    To: Gallup, Diane
    Subject: Customer Inquiry-Jobber in LA, CA"

I suppose this accounts for the higher processing cost of California gasoline. From a CA legislature web site I learned that it amounts only to 6.7% by volume, and that CA accepts this as equivalent.

BTW, several e-mail inquiries I sent out last week have not (yet?) been answered, including federal and state legislators' addresses and customer service offices of U.S.A. and Circle K.

This information may have been posted elsewhere on PC, but probably not in this form.