1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stay away from ACCESSORIESRUS on eBay for interior Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Virodeath, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just dropping a note incase someone is about to buy from ACCESSORIESRUSFL on eBay.

The guy I thought was trying to help me ended up trying to bend me over bigtime. I will go into more details tonight when I get home and can explain about my crappy experience with him (sorry at work now).

I just wanted to post this incase someone was about to buy from him.

Viro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here is the deal when I ordered my kit I got it, opened it up, looked at it and everything looked ok. When I got ready to do the install I found the slits in the top of the rear seats at the seams where one might think one of the many plastic pieces fit thru. But nothing was in that area. Then when I sat the rear uprights of the back seats in my car BLAMO! I noticed the carpet on the back of the seat was grey not tan (or bisque) which didn't match the trunk at all!!!

So I called him and he was more than willing to fix the error and was real sorry, blah, blah, blah. Sends me out another kit that he said he personally inspected. This kit is lacking the said airbags that a specifically mentioned 9 billion times along with the correct color.

So I call him again. After two weeks of him/hawing around he tells me a guy in TX has the set and will be sending it to me directly from his shop. Thinking he must have been out of stock I figured ok he must be trading kits or something with the guy, not my problem I just want the kit I paid for.

So I re-verify with the ACCESSORIESRUSFL guy that everything is right explaining I no longer have the time to install it myself and have to make an appointment with one of the few trim shops in the area. He says it is GTG and will be exactly what I want and I confirm I will get the kit in time.

I get the Kit this past Friday and I open it..... Low and behold it was the first kit I got from him, he sent it to the shop in TX and had them swap out the carpeting on the back of the seats but forgot all about the slits making it very easy to tell them apart from any other kit.

I contact him in a frantic trying to figure out should I keep it and have my trim guy adjust them, he says call the shop that sent it to me he can help me. I talk to them and they are saying stuff that you would not believe about this guy....

Anyway I start to get a little pissy with the guy from ACCESSORIESRUSFL because my trim shop calls me and tells me it is going to cost about $60 per seat to fix the kit because in addition to the slits the perforated inserts are 2 1/2" wider than the factory insert (this is the area between the vertical seems on the seat where your back rests. Factory measures 10 1/4" these measured 12 3/4" which means the material you attach the hog rings to are 1 1/4" to wide for the factory seat meaning the seam won't pull into the seat right. Also when I get to pick up my car the installer shows me how the perforated material isn't lined up right in the insert, it is catywhompus.

So the guy from ACCESSORIESRUSFL says he has never had any issues with the Prius kits before and he thinks my trim guy is trying to pull a fast one (trim guy thought that was funny) and to ask the other shop (which I had and told me lots of interesting things about ACCESSORIESRUSFL).

So then after some bickering the ACCESSORIESRUSFL guy says the other shop (the place he sent the first kit to swap the carpet and send it back out to me) is lying and they are the actual makers of the kit.

OH REALLY I thought as I recall back to my eBay auction that says “THIS IS THE SAME KIT THAT IS INSTALLED AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN THEY OR THE CUSTOMER WANT LEATHER AND THE VEHICLE CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT IT†now from my understanding Bartlett is the OEM manufacturer for Toyota when dealers order a OEM leather kit. That is what my local dealer said they would request at least. Well regardless if that is true or not I am sure this shop in TX isn't where the dealers get it which would mean the auction was false and would prob. explain some of the false feedback comments.

I personally think the shop in TX is making kits for the ACCESSORIESRUSFL guy and he is selling them as the “THIS IS THE SAME KIT THAT IS INSTALLED AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN THEY OR THE CUSTOMER WANT LEATHER AND THE VEHICLE CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT IT†which is wrong....

Anyway this has been my personal experience with this eBay dealer, I just wanted to warn my fellow Prius owners of my experiences.

Viro

2. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Edited my first post with update.

Viro

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sometimes a bargain is not a bargain.

4. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Oct 8 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]522964[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, I will never do that again....

5. prius2go

prius2go Member

Do you have any photos of the bits that are the wrong size? :unsure:

6. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Oct 9 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]523300[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah I believe I have some photos of the backrests when first placed with the original cloth interior held up to it showing the difference. When I get home tonight I will post those.

I also have an extra leather interior kit from Bartlett (no airbags though) I am going to be selling to try to recover some of the extra costs out of my pocket (since he is refusing to pay for the extras to have it fitted right). Everything on that kit was fine just no airbags in the front seats.

Viro