1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stay AWAY from Jay Wolfe Toyota in Ballwin, MO

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by jw_teacher, Dec 31, 2005.

1. jw_teacher

jw_teacher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    They were a terrible experience. Just awful.

The salesperson I went through lied through their teeth about getting a refund for a $500 deposit if my ordered never arrived. He said over and over again assuring me that I could get my deposit back at anytime because they could sell the car easily if I didn't want it. My sales rep quoted me there was a wait period of about 6-8 weeks for my order. Unfortunately, that was back in August and by the end of November they were no longer receiving '05's.

I must have called my sales rep a dozen times asking periodically if my car arrived. I kept getting the same answer over and over. He nor anybody at the dealership had any idea how many Priuses they would receive at a time nor the color and packages. When I found the '05 Prius I wanted being clearenced at another dealership, I jumped at the opportunity.

When I called my sales rep at Jay Wolfe to inform them that I wanted my deposit back that's when the lies began. He said that was terrible because my '06 equivalent was coming in "six" days. I told him that it was too late because I already signed for an '05 at another dealership. No longer wanting to deal with me, he passed me on to his manager and that's when I started getting the runaround.

The manager argued with me that there was no way I could get my money back because I signed a contract with the "non-refundable" deposit attached. I explained that I was lied to by his subordinate. He then argued with me in a sarcastic tone saying "why do you think we ask for deposits?" He then went on and on at how my car was coming in six days and that I should have called and asked. I then argued that I called numerous times since I placed my deposit that nobody knew anything about the allocation of Priuses sent out to them until they arrived on the lot. I said, "if my car was coming in six days, how come every person at the dealership had no idea until now?" He again dismissed my argument and said they don't give back deposits. After 10 minutes on the phone he said the senior manager would call me tomorrow.

I called twice the following morning and said I would be called back. I then looked for help from Prius members (see link below). Later that afternoon they said I would be refunded the deposit back to my credit card.

Never have I experienced such unethical and unprofessionalism from a business. I know the manager knows his subordinate lied to me about the refund on deposits. I know they didn't have my '06 coming in six days. The managers lie, the subordinates lie, and the managers stand behind them. All I can hypothesize is that is the business model at Jay Wolfe Toyota.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=14156&st=0

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If your contract says they are giving you an 05, then contact your state Attorney General and file a complaint. Go to http://www.ago.mo.gov/ for the online forms. The contract should be null and void as they didn't perform.

If the contract says any car, 05 or 06, then you can still sue for non-performance since they did not get you the car.

You wanted and agreed to an 05, and they didn't perform; instead they are trying to get you an 06, still don't have it, and you knew you couldn't wait any longer as the supply of 05's was getting low. You may be able to sue them for the difference in price if you paid more to get the 05 they had contracted to find for you.

You may have to sue them in Small Claims Court, but you'll win. More likely, they will refund the deposit rather than go to court. See http://www.mobar.org/pamphlet/smllclam.htm for information on the MO Small Claims Court system.