1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stealth World Order

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Jul 4, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Spy Agency Sought U.S. Call Records Before 9/11, Lawyers Say

June 30 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. National Security Agency asked AT&T Inc. to help it set up a domestic call monitoring site seven months before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, lawyers claimed June 23 in court papers filed in New York federal court.

The allegation is part of a court filing adding AT&T, the nation's largest telephone company, as a defendant in a breach of privacy case filed earlier this month on behalf of Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. customers. The suit alleges that the three carriers, the NSA and President George W. Bush violated the Telecommunications Act of 1934 and the U.S. Constitution, and seeks money damages.

``The Bush Administration asserted this became necessary after 9/11,'' plaintiff's lawyer Carl Mayer said in a telephone interview. ``This undermines that assertion.''

The lawsuit is related to an alleged NSA program to record and store data on calls placed by subscribers. More than 30 suits have been filed over claims that the carriers, the three biggest U.S. telephone companies, violated the privacy rights of their customers by cooperating with the NSA in an effort to track alleged terrorists.

Excerpted from Bloomberg.com

[...But when a long train of abuses and usurptations...]

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    :eek: The scariest two words in the article: “LAWYERS SAY.” :lol: :rolleyes:
    Lawyers in a class action lawsuit no less! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...0cO64zJE&refer=

“Stealth World Order, released Friday of 4 day weekend”

So MarinJohn, why is this getting a conspiracy theorist treatment?

- Are you blaming Bloomberg.com for waiting a full week before being the first to break a STORY about [unquote:] “Lawyers in a class action suit say in papers filed,” . . . even though said court papers may not have been made public for several days?
    - OR are you blaming Bloomberg.com for being the first, but for doing so on the Friday of a some-people-used-a-vacation-day-to-make-a 4 day weekend?
    - OR are you blaming all the other reputable news organizations for not rushing to spew out a potential non-story before they went home for said weekend?

Funny how the liberal mouthpieces like michalmoore.com and truthout.com are jumping all over this. :rolleyes:
    Happy 4th Michael and Truthout . . . no rest for the weary. <_<

[...But when a long train of accusations and misinformation...]

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Oops, my bad. I forgot that if it's not on fox it's not "news". But you now present me with a conundrum. Since I don't watch fake news network how will I ever know what the 'real' news is? Oh Dear!

4. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

How did truthout have time for this story?

Aren't they still trying to scoop the "Carl Rove to be Indicted" story?

:p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jul 5 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]281429[/snapback]</div>
    Well, it's for sure you didn't read or see it on Fox News . . . or any other major news outlet for that matter . . . because they didn't cover the story prior to your posting. So, for you, that leaves the likes of michalmoore.com and truthout.com. :rolleyes:
    Or, do you just so happen to be a avid reader of bloomburg.com . . . and just so happened to come across this story all by your - "I'm so open minded" - self?
    I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! :p

You are what you eat.