1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steered someone into buying a Prius thread

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cwerdna, Dec 31, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't think we've got one of these yet, so I'll start. Post your stories here where you've helped convince folks/friends to buy Priuses. :)

Long ago, someone at my company was interested in a 3rd gen Prius so I had him come by so I could give him a demo of my Gen 2. He ended up getting a new Gen 3.

Long ago, a friend was semi-interested in hybrids and I gave him and his wife a demo of my Gen 2 when I visited his house. He's got a Gen 3 now but he isn't real active on Priuschat, it seems.

Today, one of my friends bought a new 2011 Prius Three after three days of accompanying her to car dealers. I do like cars too. :)

She originally had a budget of $20K tops and was thinking Civic. I mentioned to her '12 Civic's gotten bad reviews and suggested the Mazda3 and Prius (a bit beyond her budget) but to try all of them anyway, to see what she liked. I later suggested she try a Hyundai Elantra too but she decided against it, also partly due to a "navigation" snafu on my part.

There was still a pretty decent selection of colors for Prius Two and Three available and the Toyota dealer we were last at was very busy.

2. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL If I want to keep peace with my buddy, I should probably drive a car other than my Prius tonight when I pick he and his wife up to go out to eat. The last time she rode in the car she was gushing about how much she liked it. He turned to me and said something to the effect of "Thanks for nothing."

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought my prius just before C4C and my neighbor loved it. He took his truck down to the dealer shortly after that to buy a prius during C4C only to find out there were none available so he ended up going to the Honda dealer and getting a HCH instead. He still tells me today that he wishes he got a prius instead.

4. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm the neighborhood car nut, talked one neighbor into buying one even before I bought mine, I was baby sitting a Prius for a friend and let him test drive it. Had another neighbor who was trying to sell a low mileage 07 Prius about 2 years ago, touted the car to a friend up north, she bought it and loves it. Should have been a car dealer-but I like to sleep at night.;)

5. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I convinced a colleague at work of the merits of the hybrid synergy drive system but a Prius was just over his budget so he bought the Auris Hybrid and loves it. A bonus for me was that the Toyota Dealer had given me a voucher book which earned me £100 GBP for every new customer I recommended that made a sale, ker-ching.

6. NargilFenris

NargilFenris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife sold me on the Prius. She, being from Cali, thought that I, being from Texas, would never like a Prius and joked that I should look at one. Joke on her, I actually loved the look and function of the car. Of course I knew very little about how the car worked and freaked out the first time I sat inside and couldn't find the key start and then freaked again when the engine shut off when I was idling.