1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

steering problem, quick help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by wayside, Jul 18, 2011.

1. wayside

wayside New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey guys, at the dealer and need some help. Car is in for knocking sound made when you are stopped and you turn the wheel quick from left to right. Also does the same thing when you hit a bump. Dealer is saying it was always that way I say bs. 2008 prius. Any help appreciated.

2. jdtechtalk00

jdtechtalk00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    wayside,

Does this knocking sound originate from the front or the rear axle? The cause of this sound could be a multitude of things- from your lower ball joint to a loose front stabilizer bar. Sometimes the front stabilizer bar bushings get loose and cause the stabilizer bar to rattle something awful. This happened to me on my '07 Prius about 2 years ago. Thankfully, the part was only about $9 so it wasn't a costly fix.

Provide a few more details regarding the location in which you believe the sound is originating from and I'll try to provide further assistance :)