1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering ratio on non-US packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Whuzz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Whuzz

Whuzz New Member

Model:
    N/A
    I should be getting my new baby at the end of next week. For info, it's going to be:

- Dynamic
    - Abyss Grey / Dark Gray Interior

You'll notice that sounds a bit different than the US packages. "Abyss Grey" is what in the US would be "Winter Grey" and "Dynamic" is somewhat like the IV. It has all the options apart from Adaptive CC and LKA. No sunroof, but Navi is standard. Also it has the 17" rims standard.

Now, my question is the following. I hear everyone here talking about only the "V" having the shorter, more sportier steering ratio. The "V" would be the equivalent of "Executive" in The Netherlands, which is one step up from my "Dynamic".
    But... I do get the 17" rims as factory default on the Dynamic. Now... does that mean I get the sporty steering ratio? Or will I get the normal one?

Edit:
    I just saw this topic: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/66664-steering-ratio.html
    Also no replies there yet, but it basically asks the same question I think, only for Canadian region instead of The Netherlands. I'm sorry for sorta double-posting, I should have looked better and just stuck my post as a reply there. Maybe a mod can merge the topics?