1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering recall--quick question.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MadHungarian, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MadHungarian

MadHungarian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My '05 Prius falls within the recall zone. The three other people I know with p-cars (one with the same package as mine and delivered within the same month as mine) have received their letter, and two have already had the work done. No letter for me. Is this a possible oversight/lost in the mail, or are some cars in the zone not included in the recall? Thanks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    possible, call Toyota Customer Care with your VIN and ask.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Both are possible. But the U.S. mail is extremely reliable. In my opinion the most likely is that either: 1. your car is not in the recall; or 2. it's just the staggered notification, designed to prevent parts bottlenecks.

Do like Evan suggested. Or your dealer's service department may be able to look it up. I don't think you need the official letter to get the work done, if your VIN is on the list.

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I might also mention that not all of the vehicles within the specified VIN ranges are affected.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got my letter, and it said to bring that with you. If you go in I suggest you tell the service department that you hadn't received it, but you had called Toyota Customer Care to verify that your VIN was in the recall.

6. felton

felton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I received the recall letter last week on my 2005 Prius. I was nearing the 15K service interval, so I had both done yesterday. The service rep didn't seem all that interested in the letter. He said they check the VIN on their system. I would say just let them sort it out. It does not appear to be an area requiring any urgent attention, so I would just ask the question the next time you are due for any service work at the dealer.

Randal
    Dallas

7. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got mine yeaterday. I don't know what sequence they are using for sending them, perhaps they are spreading them out so that the dealers won't be swamped with them all at one time.