1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering suddenly went out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by [email protected], Jul 4, 2007.

1. jkglolo@msn.com

[email protected] New Member

A few times in the past two days, when turning at slow speeds (like onto my street or into my driveway) the steering would suddenly lock to the point where I couldn't complete the turn. The first couple of times it came back after a few seconds or if I turned the wheel the opposite direction. But just now, turning in my driveway, it completely locked and I couldn't turn it AT ALL in either direction. No warning lights come on and the car is functioning perfectly otherwise. I turned the car off, waited a while and started it again and the steering wheel still won't turn at all. What is that about?

I have a 2003 classic with 57K miles. I bought it used last summer and the only other problem I have had with it was a shifter sensor that came loose and when they repaired that, they also said I had to replace the auxillary battery.

2. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jguyot @ Jul 4 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]473287[/snapback]</div>
    The only suggestion I have is to take your serious sounding issue to the main forum and not the FE forum...