1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering wheel button illumination/brightness question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gaelyn37, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would like to know if there is any way to increase the illumination behind the steering wheel buttons. They are lit up, but are very dim. I know it is not because I am getting older :)
    I can barely see them at night and am still learning how to feel them out in the dark.

Thanks

Gaelyn

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, there's no practical way to do that.

3. scoot

scoot Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaelyn @ Feb 26 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]396709[/snapback]</div>
    This is an old topic, STF. Summary, some people will say "you'll get used to it", many people will say "it's annoying", most people will say "there is not a current fix but people are thinking about it".

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaelyn @ Feb 26 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]396709[/snapback]</div>
    I felt that way to begin with too, but now they seem bright enough. It makes a big difference whether you are driving at night in the city or on dark country roads. In the city, where there is a lot of ambient light at night, the buttons seem dim. In the country on a dark night they are almost too bright. It would be nice if they were adjustable, but you will get used to them.

Tom