1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

steering wheel controls not working with xm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by brian9682, May 8, 2008.

1. brian9682

brian9682 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have an '08 package 6 Touring model. Great car so far had the dealer throw in the xm radio (wish it was syrius). Now for the problem.

My steering wheel controls for channel selection does not work. Either button makes the system go to channel 1 and no other. This happens only while on XM. The regular JBL AM/FM functions fine.

What am I doing wrong? I thought all controls were integrated and work with the factory system.

Thanks in advance.
    Brian

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AFAIK the up/down arrows on the steering wheel only switch b/w the presets. Have you programmed your presets? If not then I'm not surprised that all you get is channel 1.

Also, if you want to scroll through all the various channels you have to use the knob on the radio head unit.

So, program the 6 presets on each of the 3 SAT channels and then you can use the steering wheel to switch b/w those. To find a channel not on a preset go to the knob on the head unit. BTW, the "mode" button on the steering wheel will scroll you through CD, AM, FM1, FM2, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 and back.