1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dongwoo, Nov 13, 2007.

1. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is it just me, or is the oval-ish and a tad smaller shape of the prius' steering wheel annoying when buying a steering wheel cover? ...I know the prius shop here has some, but I like plain or simple... i don't like the colors offered.

...because of this odd shape... are we not able to buy those ready slap on wheel covers from kragen? I bought one the other day and it was huge for it... the guy said give it time and it'll form to it... in my head i was like you obviously dont know the steering wheel of a prius... covers dont shrink mister... at least not that i know of... or do they :blink:

Any suggestions for a simple cover but not one of those wrap it yourself and tie with a plastic rope one?

Thanks in advance!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's wrong with Wheelskins? It's simple (one colour if you wish).

And what colour were you looking for? Pink? leopard skin? Taz?

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 13 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]539202[/snapback]</div>
    Only thing I would do differently on my Wheelskins cover would be to buy black. I have the light grey, and if it gets scraped, the underlying black color shows through.

4. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Black.. that's the one! Or something dark neutral to match the magnetic grey.

Leopard skin and pink is nice.. but not simple and neutral enough haha.

I don't like the two toneness of the wheelskins... if it was all one material and black that would be awesome!

basically i want another cover to cover the leather cover on it ... retarded as it sounds... but yes.

thanks for the replies anyhow. i guess that means the only option i have are the wheelskins and the wrap it yourself wheel covers.... or i can jus where driving gloves to make sure my wheel doesnt get all nasty from the grime on my hands :lol:

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 14 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]539316[/snapback]</div>
    Dongwoo,

I don't quite understand what you're saying. The wheelskins do come in either two tone or all one color. You can get an all black or all grey or all other color wheelskins (see the PriusChat Accessories Shop). You still have to lace them up though.

6. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 13 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]539180[/snapback]</div>
    The shape is to give us more thigh clearance. I so bad want the leather wrapped steering wheel from the touring model. No luck in my quest other than the dealer where the list price is a sick $959.00 and I can get for a still whopping $675.
    I already know how to swap one out, just need to know when someone totals their Touring model.

7. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Nov 14 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]539332[/snapback]</div>
    My '08 package 6 has a leather wrapped wheel. It should be the same as the touring model so you really only have to wait until a higher package level Prius gets wrecked to swap one out. :) Regardless, used steering wheels from wrecked cars also demand huge $$$.

Mike

8. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mingoglia @ Nov 14 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]539488[/snapback]</div>
    Very true, forgot the Factory leather pkg. has it too. Guess that means my odds just increased ; )

9. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Anyone with the color on the wheelskins, how does it hold up?? After a while, does it get greasy? dirty? fade? I'm looking at one in charcoal and green for mine.