1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering wheel illumination

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by edward15, Jul 11, 2005.

1. edward15

edward15 Junior Member

I just had my car service at a Toyota dealer and he stated there is no way to adjust the brightness of the steering wheel lights. Does anyone know of a way to make them brighter, or a Toyota solution? Thanks

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Steering wheel buttons are a fixed brightness. It isn't linked to the dash brightness wheel or any other control.

All the cars I have driven with illuminated buttons do not have an adjustment for their brightness. They are just bright enough to be illuminated, however no necessarily bright enough to catch your attention. I pretty much use feel with regard to the buttons at night. It is pretty easy with the bumps and dimples and dots and lines on them.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah, you'll learn the feel of each button rather quickly. i think they keep the illumination low to avoid causing a distraction.

4. dbm12

dbm12 New Member

I have heard that both the steering wheel illumination and the door buttons can be adjusted by the dealer.

5. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

I think you're right. I hate it when the steering wheel distracts me from staring at the map route or answering the phone, especially at high speeds. :lol:
    Namaste,
    Paul