1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel Redial Button (Bluetooth and Nav)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by M D, Jan 14, 2011.

1. M D

M D No more gas guzzler :D

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Searched long and hard to see if this was already mentioned and if it was, I couldn't find it, so...

On my old BMW (traded Nov for Prius) there was a redial button on the steering wheel (well, I'm sure the button is still there, just not mine anymore) which was really useful since 99% of my outgoing calls when driving are to the same number.

So I got to wondering why there was no such button in my Prius and thought, wouldn't it have made sense if pressing the off-hook button a couple of times did the same thing. And it does! Press the off-hook button four times and you will be calling the number you last dialed from the car :)

Disclaimer: I am exempt from knowing if this is already stated in the manual on the grounds of being a man and, as such, being unable to open manuals and instruction books.

2 people like this.
  2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep, that's correct. The owner's manual doesn't make it clear, or at least I didn't think so. Of course, you can also use verbal commands to redial last number.

Pushing the "off hook" 4 times is like finding a cool "easter egg" in a software. What other neat electronic/software features has Toyota hidden on the Prius? It'd be cool if there was something that was not listed in the manual!

Happy Motoring,

Tom

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    There are quick dial numbers on the NAV screen which are available even while driving; only takes two or three touches (hah!) and is also way faster than voice commands. NOTE: you do have to program/assign which numbers you want in the quick dial menu.

I'll try to keep the "push 4 times" tip in mind for the rare times I may need to redial other numbers. Thanks.

4. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh great catch thanks