1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

steering wheel spacer? (telescoping)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by strider5, Feb 9, 2008.

1. strider5

strider5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone thought about installing a spacer just behind the steering wheel to bring it out like an inch?

sucks having neither telescoping wheel nor height-adjustable seat, but it seems like it would be easier to address the steering wheel.

can anyone comment on how feasible this may be with the wiring that goes to the wheel, or anything else that may stop a spacer from working?

2. BerkshirePrius

BerkshirePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been working on the notion of moving the entire column back an inch or so. There is plenty of room for this under the dash. I have already purchased another steering column to modify the mounting brackets. I will, of course, have to make a longer intermediate steering shaft.

3. PhRossd

PhRossd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, any updates on this? I've already modified my seat but I'd pay money to telescope the steering wheel. Even if its a permanent adjustment that would be fine with me. I'd like to get the steering wheel 3" farther out from the dash. Suggestions?