1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stepping back in time...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveG, Feb 9, 2006.

1. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Brought my '04 in today to get the "stalling" service upgrade done (mine has never stalled, as is the case with almost everyone else, but seeing as how it's a free upgrade...), as well as normal oil change and such. Since the service was going to take about 3 hours for the full deal, they gave me a Corolla in the meantime...

Wow, after driving nothing but my Prius for 2 years, it's like stepping back in time driving a normal car. I used to own a Corolla before I bought the Prius, but going back now is _tough_.

-Found myself grinning as I turned the key in the ignition and hearing the starter crank - so quaint...
    -Pressing the brake pedal (reflex) didn't stop the engine idling at stops :rolleyes:
    -Automatic transmission didn't have anywhere near the smooth starts of the HSD, felt jerky and ackward (though it was in good condition)
    -Interior finish not anywhere near as nice as the Prius (I really like the smooth '04 Prius finish, I havn't seen the new "textured" interior of the '06, and I'm not sure I'd like it).
    -No MFD screen or VAIS iPod interface in the Corolla

And it was a pretty nice service experience too. They're also replacing the interior mirror on my Prius which has a nasty buzz/vibration that has developed. I've tried to stop the noise for months with foam, tape, etc - with no luck. They're replacing it with no hassle at all.

All in all, pretty decent service at a dealership that's a fair distance out of my way to go to - which ensures I'll be back there for all my future service.

Dave

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LoL it is funny how fast we get used to the Prius... I tried to 'open' my fiancee's car by pulling the handle the other day... and I can't believe how noisy it it and it freaks me out whent he ICE doesn't stop (I start looking if I have the defroster on!). Such old technology. You can tell it's like a hundred years old

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I had less of a shock going from my Outback to my Prius than I did going from either to my old 1989 Honda Civic hatchback.

I needed a second car during the period I was waiting for my Prius so I put it back into service.
    It was very disconcerting (not in a bad way) to have my butt racing along so close to the ground again.
    It reminded me what an enjoyable car it is, pretty good mileage and just plain fun to drive. Sadly, at 217k miles I need something more reliable for my commute and passed it on to some young friends of mine to enjoy for 1/2 book value.

I do find myself doing the P&G in the Outback now.
    It does feel like being a little blind without the consumption meter. :p