1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo bluetooth receiver to plug into console?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lens42, Jul 14, 2009.

1. lens42

lens42 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that my iPhone 3G has stereo Bluetooth, I would like to get something that receives Bluetooth stereo from the phone and patches it into the 3.5mm AUX stereo jack in the console so I can listen to podcasts, and MLB.com over the car's sound system. It there a device that does this cleanly? I would love to just drop the phone in the cupholder and not have to plug it in.

2. DFWPrius2009

DFWPrius2009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Why not just use the 3.5mm jack from the phone? It plays all audio including streaming audio from the 3.5mm jack as well.

3. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can only vouche for the cabled version of this one that also supplies power to the phone for charging, but here's the bluetooth version Bluetooth Aux Kit

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On another forum that I frequent, people have reported success with the Jabra stereo BT headset that looks like dog tags. Just get a patch cable to connect the dog tag to the aux-in, and you can stream music to it wirelessly.

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT3030-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B000XT3L7W

[​IMG]

5. dentalchicken

dentalchicken New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've tried this along with a 1/8 cable while charging an iPhone 3gs and the feedback was intolerable. The BT Aux kit referenced above had a high pitched whine, and the 1/8 stereo cable with the charger method the feedback was totally intolerable. The iPhone while not charging was fine but that's not really acceptable.

Any other options?

6. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Hands-free-Transmitter-supported/dp/B000NVYVRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268174620&sr=8-1-catcorr