1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo Buttons stop working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by loopyloops, Sep 25, 2009.

1. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

I have a 2007 Prius. Every now and again, the volume control, am/fm buttons, power button (for the stereo), etc. won't work - I have to turn the car off and on again to get them to function. Is this a known issue? I've read posts about volume control problems but haven't found any re: all buttons. The touch screen continues to work when this happens.

Thanks!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've seen a few complaints about this. If your car is still covered by the 3 year / 36K warranty I suggest you make your dealer aware of the problem.

If the car has more than 36K miles then you might try hitting the control panel moderately hard with the palm of your hand to see whether this will temporarily fix an intermittent connection in the control panel. If not you might be able to buy a salvage unit and replace it yourself. If you have to buy a new unit from the dealer it will be pretty expensive.

Good luck.

3. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

Thank you!!