1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by splashback, May 16, 2007.

1. splashback

splashback New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have what may be a silly question. On the stereo on my 05- right above where the volume and tuner nobs are- there look like what is a display screen- but nothing is displayed. Why did Toyota design it like this- or is something actually supposed to be displayed there?

2. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My best guess is that it's a standard stereo that Toyota uses but the display screen has been disabled since we have the MFD above it that provides more/better(?) information. I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows for sure.

3. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(splashback @ May 16 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]443292[/snapback]</div>

I think that's where a tape deck would live if your car came equipped with one.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) splashback

You indicate you have a Package 9 2005 Prius. If that is correct, the 'blank area' of glossy dark plastic is the area in which the 2004 Prius had a tape deck, as commented by Bohous above. As I recall, the Package 9 in 2005 was the 'fully loaded' Prius with NAVigation, JBL sound, HID headlights, etc. etc. but Toyota discontinued the tape deck what with tapes being a bit passé in favor of CDs these days.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 17 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]444285[/snapback]</div>
    Wrong on two accounts:
    • The top package in '05 was 6, not 9.
    • The JBL audio system in the '05 model does have a tape deck.