1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo Head Unit Compatibility

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DPZ, Mar 29, 2024.

1. DPZ

DPZ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone know if a Stereo Head Unit Model #57032 from a 2014 Prius would work in a 2011 Prius swapping out Stereo Head Unit #51883?

The 57032 appears to fit in the mounts just fine.

I am trying to find out if the wiring harness and connectors in the 2011 will connect and make all the functionality work from the 57032 JBL Stereo?

I tried to add links from ebay that have the correct stereo units, but prius chat would now allow me to add links do to me being a rookie member.

If you search ebay for 57032 and 51883 it will take you to each of the Stereos

Thank you

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I couldn't say for certain, but historically there's very poor interchange between JBL and non-JBL systems due to the JBL system's use of an external amplifier & different wiring harness to interconnect it.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Choosing between a 13 year old versus a 10 year old head unit won't be as straightforward on install as simply buying an after-market head unit that's been sold in past couple years. The technology via Android and Apple has changed head units dramatically in recent years and if you want full integration with your phone for years to come you need to get something new or nearly new. Any head unit you can find, with whatever added features you want, will be easy to install if you get a mounting kit for a 2011 Prius.