1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo on, car off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JanZtax, Jun 11, 2006.

1. JanZtax

JanZtax New Member

This probably seems like a very basic question but one that I haven't found a solution to. If I'm sitting waiting in the car and want to listen to the stereo, how can I do that without the car being on? If I turn the car off and then press the start button, it works but then I have to press the start button again when I want to turn the stereo off. Something about this doesn't seem right -- there must be an easier way.

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Konagal @ Jun 10 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]269413[/snapback]</div>
    None that I know of. In the prius you do have to push the start button a few extra times, but this is only because it does not have a stop button. That would simplify things a bit.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    unless you have the key in the slot. If you're in ACC and the key is in the slot, you can just pull the key out and it'll turn off the car without having to cycle through to IG-ON. So, it depends which do you prefer - pressing POWER twice or inserting the fob so that you can simply pull it out to turn the car off.

4. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I have to agree that having the power button cycle through different modes with each press is a bad user interface. It would have been better if they had a big "hybrid power" button, and another smaller "accessory power" button, and maybe even a "Power off" button.

At any rate, if you are going to listen for a long time, it's best to turn the hybrid system on so the battery doesn't get drained.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You guys are complaining that you have to press the button twice from ACC to turn the car off? Geesh.

My issue is going to ACC from READY without any interruption in listening to a radio program. You have to go through Off first.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32 @ Jun 17 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]272938[/snapback]</div>
    Not in my car. I simply place my foot on the brake and push the power button when the car is in ACC (or IG-ON for that matter) mode and, voilà, I am in the ready mode.

7. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ^^ DanMan32 said READY --> ACC
    not ACC --> READY

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drift Motion @ Jun 18 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]273321[/snapback]</div>
    You are absolutely correct. I misread his post. :eek: