1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

STi Rims on a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by a_gray_prius, Feb 18, 2010.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a guy selling a set of STi rims kind of cheap and I was thinking of picking them up (BBS, so they're fairly light). The 5x100 bolt pattern is right. Anyone else tried putting STi/Subaru WRX rims on a Gen2 Prius? offset for these things is 53mm with 225/45/17s mounted.

2. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tell you what - let's put those on my WRX instead where I know they'll fit perfectly. :)

But seriously - I think with that much offset and the width of the rims you'll hit the struts - at least it will be very, very close. But if you want to try it anyway and it doesn't work out, I'll gladly take the wheels off your hands. :)

You'll also want shorter tires 225/45/17s are a decent amount taller than stock so will throw off your speedo/odometer.

Edit: FWIW - I looked on TireRack.com to see what offset they listed for 17" wheels that fit the Prius, and the highest offset was +48.

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for checking. I'm thinking maybe with some spacers, I can go a little lower profile with the tires.