1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Still waiting on HID kit from DDM tuning (28 days and counting)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cossie1600, Mar 30, 2012.

1. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered a HID kit directly from DDM Tuning roughly a month ago (March 3rd). I guess I should have read their fine print as I didn't realize my order was getting drop shipped straight from China :mad: The factory over in China dropped off the package a few days later for shipment. To make a long story short, USPS decided to withhold the package for some odd reason and they are not giving me any reasons since I am the receiver and not the shipper. When I contacted DDM Tuning, they refused to give me my refund until the order is returned to China. Since my order's been sitting at some processing center for two weeks, I think it is safe to say that I am probably not going to see my money or the package anytime soon. So the next time you order something online, please be sure that the package is coming from some warehouse in the US and not overseas. If the post office lose the package, you are pretty much $hit out of luck like me.

2. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to hear that:(. I ordered DDM HID kit online & decided to pick it up at their warehouse/office the next day. Did they run out of the kit that it's coming from China?

3. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    probably look to save a few bucks from dropped shipping it

1 person likes this.
  4. 4npower

4npower Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered mine a week ago and they shipped out Friday from china. This is my 4th set from DDM And they all have only taken a week to get here after they ship. Did you get a tracking number?

5. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Cossie, dispute the purchase through your bank or Paypal. DDM should be doing more to get this taken care of for you. I can guarantee that you'll either light a fire under them by disputing or get your money back. Heck, you might even end up getting the item at a later time. I'd recommend going to TRS and getting a kit instead. They'll stand behind it and provide proper customer service afterward if anything happens.

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is why you always use a credit card. Makes it easy to dispute a charge for item not received or if the merchant refuses to take it back.

7. 4npower

4npower Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mine came yesterday and installed today.

8. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The guy left me a message claiming they finally got a return confirmation and they can either reship or refund, I just asked for a refund as I don't want to deal with another month of wait. Where do you guys recommend I order from this time? I used paypal for the transaction, of course they did absolutely nothing even though the case has been open for a week.

I ordered it on March 2nd I think.

My package was shipped on time. For no apparent reason, USPS withheld my package and returned my package after letting it sit for a full week in Springfield. Of course I was given no reason and DDM didn't do anything until I called them regarding the issue. I should have followed up as soon as I see my package getting stuck in Springfield, lesson learned!

9. 4npower

4npower Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hmmm well they can't be blamed fully as it was the USPS fault for your delay. And most vendors will not refund or reshape till like them they get it back. Like I said I ordered mine and received them 1week after they shipped from china. I'd say give them another shot. Or see if you can find a member in Cali near them to get them at the store and ship them for you. Other wise you are looking at $150 for a morimoto kit of more as that is the only kit people here recommend.