1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock Headlight Housing: HID vs. non-HID

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by silentak1, Dec 8, 2005.

1. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anyone have the part # for the 2004-2005 HID housings & non-HID housings?

The reason why i'm asking is because non-HID (or standard halogen) housings cause a significant amount of glare if equipped with aftermarket HID. I just want to know if there is an actual different in the part # or if Toyota utilizes the HID housing in standard halogens.

Thanks,
    ak

2. akrca4

akrca4 Junior Member

Are they different? Anyone has pics of both? Thanks.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

well I'd like to give you the final answer but the part numbers that I have look like it's the same light part number 81145-47110 RH and 81185-47110 LH but this is an old parts list and for a 2k4 so your best bet is going to be to phone the dealer and double check. Probably no auto level assy in the after market like the Toyota ones is part of the reason they seem bright as the shutter is probably what controls a lot of the light scatter. And the stock halogen lights seem bright as well.