1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock Market Crashes after Dem's Election Victory

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Dem's roll out new strategy called "Tax & Run" :p The end of the economic boom is near! :p According to all the pre-election rhetoric from the left this election is not legitimate. Reason: Diebold election machines were rigged by George Bush’s Mom! Diabolical! :lol:

Wildkow

p.s. Congratulations. [attachmentid=5633]

Attached Files:

2. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 8 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]345519[/snapback]</div>
    I know its terrible!

0.17% Down!

Attached Files:

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    DJIA
    12,141.49 -15.28
    Nasdaq
    2,376.92 1.04
    S&P 500
    1,382.17 -0.67

And yet i'm up almost 1% on the day so far... Stupid Dem's, that could have been 5%!

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I can't stand the way that Democrat, George W. Bush, used our taxpayer money to put us at an all-time high rate of debt! Especially after that Republican, Bill Clinton, gave us a surplus!

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Geeeeez. . . Guys you won at least try to sound happy. After you raise the taxes please use some of that money to buy yourselves a sense of humor. [attachmentid=5636]

Wildkow

p.s. :lol:

Attached Files:

6. VinceDee

VinceDee Member

For me, this isn't about "winning". My "team" didn't win, but I certainly chose from among the least objectionable choices.

I'm not particularly happy today because Democrats also suck, but at least they aren't Republicans.

If people would stop making elections be about "WE WIN! YOU LOSE! nyah nyah nyah" then maybe we could actually elect some decent people to office and not be polarized into "Us vs Them".

Vince

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Skipping the whole "it was a joke, guys" theme, how about some rational reasons for the modest decline?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Associate Press @ Yahoo Finance)</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allen Wan @ Bloomberg.com)</div>

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 8 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]345602[/snapback]</div>
    Awwww, procto your sucking all the fun out of it!!! <_< It's just a correction, bound to happen as investors gather profits after a run up.

Wildkow

9. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Investors only have until dec 31 to draw their money out of the market and take their profits this year...

Because next year, Pelosi will want it all..

expect a market decline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 8 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]345617[/snapback]</div>
    Fine with me. I've got 30 years until I retire. The more the market tanks now, the more shares I can buy on the cheap. The recent recession, while causing some brief pain, ended up being very good for my 401(k).

11. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 8 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]345519[/snapback]</div>
    I'm missing something here.

"Spend and Run" is OK, right? We have the biggest deficits ever, thanks to Bush and crowd.

But actually getting the Americans to pay for what the Republicans are buying is bad form, huh?

I guess it's better that our kids get to pay for it.

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." ("Popeye" the movie)

This "Democrats: the party of taxation!" mantra is about as lame as "Bill Clinton did it."

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Perhaps those who knee-jerk disparaging remarks about Nancy Pelosi should learn about her actual record and point of view. Scare mongering is on the decline. It's been over used. I have followed her since her very first fund raising drive in the early '80's. She has GREAT credentials and political pedigree. The stock market was artificially driven the last few days by those hoping to lesson the blow to repubs and is now just correcting slightly. Remember, the market today is only near where it was 6 years ago after a half-dozen years of lackluster performance. Blame that on Pelosi too?

http://www.marinij.com

Pelosi, the daughter and sister of Baltimore mayors, grew up immersed in politics and moved west in her 20s when her investment banker husband wanted to return to his roots. She managed to work herself into California's Democratic political structure while raising five children who were born over six years.

She didn't run for Congress until she was 46, when her youngest daughter reached high school.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ummmm, don't mean to disappoint the Chicken Littles concerned that the bottom is falling out of the economy, but it may be a little early to predict a "crash."

Besides, why do so with such glee?

If enough people do what you're doing, then we'll all expect/plan for it...and then it *will* happen.

Expectational.

I think I'd rather be wrong about something like that, even if success were due to the work of the opposition.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 8 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]345625[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, agreed (with some reservations). I invested heavily in Boeing and certain airlines after 9/11, and again (less so) after a recent foiled terrorist plot.

14. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, so what if they raise taxes. Someone besides our children and our childrens children should pay for this stink'n war.

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Maybe I read it wrong, but I took Wildkow's post as a joke. Maybe it was all the :ps. Maybe it was the congrats and happy dance at the end.

Let's lighten up and enjoy the day! :D

16. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 8 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]345638[/snapback]</div>
    You're serious, right? The stock market is up, unemployment is down, interest rates are good, jobs are up, but there is always a good conspiracy theory out there.

I congratulate Pelosi on her victory, but she will need to take more responsibility, since she is now the majority. Pelosi will have to compromise in order to help all of us, since she can't beat the veto power of the president with the slight majority she has.

17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FBear @ Nov 8 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]345676[/snapback]</div>
    That's why I don't buy on credit...so I can really feel how expensive...or should I say, costly...something is.

If we want to wage a war, it's gonna cost us. Now. Perhaps that would make some of the hawks think twice.

If you've got them by the wallet, their hearts and minds will follow.

18. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 8 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]345763[/snapback]</div>
    Gee, it appears that the Dow is up 20 points now. Bummer for your goofy hypothesis, Wildkow :D

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I think that ya’ll are taking all this to serious. In a couple of hundred years you won’t even care.

20. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Nov 8 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]345772[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]