1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

stock shroud size?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by wotcher, Dec 18, 2012.

1. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    does anyone know the stock shroud size? I'm planning to put in angel eye halos. Originally, I was thinking about 60mm ccfl on a mini gattling shroud. But I got confirmation that my trs quick retro will be dropped back into the original shroud casing that includes shrouds. And I found a new newer/brighter than ccfl toy in the morimoto angel eyes xbs. They currently come in 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, and 140 mm sizes in outer diameter with -10 mm inner diameter. I haven't opened up my headlights to measure. Any help?

And white vs amber?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i believe this hidplanet's snakedoctor's comparison of xb vs ccfl halos
    [​IMG]

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm at work for 6 more hours, but if no one measures them for you I will. I have a pair of foglights sitting at home with Yaris shrouds. You just need the diameter of the shroud opening, correct?

Edit: wow, those angel eyes are super bright. What technology are they based on? Also, are they dimmed at night when low beams are turned on?

3. mnml

mnml Ain't nobody got time for that.

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Get the white ones man, the amber is meh.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry it took so long, but I just measured the Yaris shrouds. The cutout size is a slight oval. Minimum diameter is 3 and 1/4" and max diameter across is 3 and 7/16". Or 3 and 4/16" by 3 and 7/16".

Minimum diameter then is 8.255 centimeters (82.6mm)

Edit: Sorry, I just reread your OP. I understand now that you are needing the cutout size for the lowbeam headlight projectors and not the cutout size on the foglight shrouds. My bad. :(