1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stone Guard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aldagaw, Feb 8, 2007.

1. aldagaw

aldagaw New Member

We bought the 2007 last week, and were offered something called the Premium Stone Guard package when we were finalizing the deal. It supposedly reduces the risk of paint chips and headlight damage, and I'm wondering if anyone has used this product and thinks its worth the $700 our dealership was asking to install it.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Depends on what it is.

Sounds like a clear bra but if it's not 3M 8 mil on hood and 15 mil on lights, I 'd say....no. It should cover more than 50% of hood, and there should be material for both fenders and back of both mirrors. If it's not that thick, not that many pieces I'd say...no.

BTW I bought a smoke plastic bug shield from Sigma for a little over $100.

Looks like this....has hole for Toyota logo:

[​IMG]

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If the dealer's selling it, it's probably not worth it. Most dealer add-ons and accessories have considerable markup. If it's a clear bra, I'm guessing you could find it elsewhere in Tucson for significantly less.

As Godiva suggests, find out exactly what your $700 would supposedly buy. Then if you're interested, price the same thing elsewhere.

Oh, and welcome to PriusChat! Good to have you on board.

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Feb 9 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]387803[/snapback]</div>
    I second this comment! If the dealership is charging you $700, they are probably paying like $300. I would check with your local window tint shops or do a google search for "clear bra" in your area. I had my front end and a few other areas done for $400 2 years and 50K miles ago and the front end still looks great.
    They did the hood, front bumper, head lights, fog lights, mirror backs, door edges and a small piece under the gas flap. Good luck.