1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stoopid Inconsiderate People!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaddyLongLegs, Jan 13, 2005.

1. DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs Junior Member

I came home tonight and decided to wash the Prius since some light was left and it has been unusually warm here in the DC area. My wife and I then noticed that the passenger side front bumper had been marred by some inconsiderate f*ing idiot without the decency to leave a note! :cussing: This must have happened yesterday when I drove my carpool and parked at the office in a "compact only" area which is bordered by columns and difficult to park in. This was one of the only single spots remaining and I was concerned about the difficulty of getting another car into the spot next to me at the time (6th sense?). I have extremely careful about where I park and often park at the end of the lot to avoid potential door dings, etc. Up to this time the car was immaculate.

Beyond ranting, I have attached some pictures. Any suggestions as to where to get the Prius repaired here in the Northern VA area and what it might cost? I had a similar experience with my Lexus (BTW I sold to buy this Prius) and had to get the bumper replaced because it was gouged. :cussing: Tommorrow I'm going into the garage to see if I can find the offending car/driver :guns:

2. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Any chance that "the office" has security cameras in the parking lot? If so, you could probably get security to identify the offender.

YMMV,
    G.

3. rocco

rocco Member

Oh that blows. Maybe someone saw it happen. I worked at night as data entry at a country club in naples and when I went out to my car someone had backed into the entire side and really did some damage.

About a week later my sister hear the receptionist ask the "boss" hey did you ever own up to that car to smashed in the parking lot?

Dick

He did pay me my deductible since I had the work done already.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

He should also pay for the increase in premiums for the next 3 years. Some insurances do raise rates if they can't recoup their costs under collision, even if it wasn't your fault.

5. DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs Junior Member

Thanks for the comments and sympathy. I will check with the security folks to see if they have a record. I have an appointment on Monday with the body shop that a friend runs.

Stay tuned...

BTW, I was saving my money for XM radio, now it goes toward the deductible.! :x