1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stop light switch

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Rogerrr, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Rogerrr

Rogerrr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hy everybody and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I recently installed a cruise control on my Toyota Prius 2006 and discovered that is not so easy as they say. First after installing it I notice that the cruise control won't work and the cruise light in the dashboard is keep flashing. After some digging I found out that I need to replace the stop light switch with a different one to allow the cruise control to function. Now I went to the Toyota dealer hoping they will give me a part number for the correct light switch but for my surprise ( not really ) the !Removed! asked me to pay 50£ only for the part number with I refused. My question to you all is does anyone else have fitted a cruise control in a Prius 2006 and can help me with the part number for the brake light switch ?

Many thanks

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

It sounds like you got a particularly unhelpful person at the dealer. Many US dealers have the parts catalog on the web where you can look up parts and part numbers for free. I suppose some of the part numbers could be different for UK, but do no UK dealers do the same thing? You could also try toyodiy.com.

-Chap

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The “SWITCH ASSY, STOP LAMP” for a Prius car produced in 2006 and sold in the U.K. is shown in Toyota’s catalog as part number 84340-47020 for vehicles with cruise control, and part number 84340-47010, otherwise. I don’t have any personal experience with these parts, however.

Access to Toyota’s official Electronic Parts Catalog for European models is available by subscription to toyota-tech.eu (from €3 for one hour), but there are many third-party websites with information from Toyota’s EPC discs. Here is one example:

SWITCH & RELAY & COMPUTER·PRIUS (08/2003 - 03/2009)·NHW20R-AHEEBW·EU·TOYOTA & LEXUS Electronic Parts Catalogue

On that site, you can click the description and part number code (“84340 SWITCH ASSY, STOP LAMP”) to see the part numbers and their applicability.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.