1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stop the beeping

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by chapo, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chapo

chapo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How do I stop the beeping on my Prius when backing up or if my seatbelt is off?

2. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    TO TURN OFF THE REVERSE BEEP.

Steps:

1. Power on the car to IG-ON or READY. IG-ON will do for this purpose.
    2. Using the Trip/ODO button, set the Trip/ODO display to ODO (not Trip A or Trip [​IMG]
    3. Power off the car.
    4. Now power the car to READY (brake on). This is required so that step 6 works correctly.
    5. Within 6 seconds of powering on, press and hold the Trip/ODO button for 10 seconds or more.
    6. WHILE STILL HOLDING ODO *after* the 10 seconds, shift the "gear" selector from P to R, then back to P. Now release the Trip/ODO button.
    7. If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.
    8. Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode.
    9. Now power the car off to exit the toggle mode.
    10. Power the car on to READY and confirm the reverse beep status by shifting to R. The beep should not be audible if "b off" was selected, and should be audible if "b on" was selected..

Do note that the reverse beep cancel ONLY works on North American Prius, and not UK/Europe or Australian Prius.

You do have to cycle to ODO, you cannot be already sitting on it.

It may take you a few tries to get it to work, or you may just get the sequence right the first time.

These instructions are posted elsewhere; they are not mine. I don't know about the seatbelt, but I would like to disconnect it, too.

Cathy Janke and PoutyPrius like this.