1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stopping the BEEPS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PetersPrius, Apr 12, 2004.

1. PetersPrius

PetersPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How can the beeps be stopped every time I touch the dash screen. they can be annoying and are not always necessary. I recently bought a microwave and the reason I purchased it was that you could program the beeps to off!!
    I read how to stop the backup beeps so there should be a way to stop them in the dash controls.
    Help me if you can.

2. jchu

jchu New Member

Go to the Knowledge Base link at the top of the page just under the Prius hybrid logo and then go to the Electronics Modification forum. Instructions are there.

3. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't think there are any modifications yet that handle disabling the beeps when touching the LCD display. I beleive those beeps are sent through the center speaker right behind the LCD display.

Dave.

4. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wanted to either turn down the volume of the beep or eliminate them. Then another beep I wanted to do something to was the one when you lock the car after pushing the black button on the door. I would like to make that way louder, in parking lots i don't want to sit and wait to hear it. I want to hear it when i am 20 feet away.

5. socalduncan

socalduncan New Member

Push the black button on the door- and hear it from 20 feet away? Wow, I didn't know Plastic Man was a Prius owner. :wink:

-Matt Walker
    http://www.funnymatt.com