1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Storms of life

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rae Vynn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, we lost our power on Sunday, in the worst storm to hit Grays Harbor, WA since 1963.
    One of the main transmission lines was felled, with the giant steel tower crashing onto a roadway.
    We got our power back this evening, but it could be a week for the beach communities, and the more rural areas... we are fortunate that we live in town, on a power grid shared by the fire department.
    The rest of western Washington has been hit by incredible flooding, storm damage, and outages, as well.

On the bright side, we could go out, start the Prius, and listen to the radio for news, for very little gas!! :)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, didn't realise it was that bad south of the border. It's ok up here but half of Boston Bar is without power and Penticton is cut off north and south by slides.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that was a pretty nasty storm. We had a near blizzard on Sunday that turned to pelting rain with about a fifteen degree rise in temperature in a matter of hours. I don't think I've ever seen a snowfall warning followed by a rain warning followed by a wind warning.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Up here, all the warnings were in place at once lol.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You guys better get that mess cleaned up in the next couple week because I'm coming up there to visit my sister and I don't want it looking all ugly up there. :p

hyo silver, I'll likely hit Vancouver again if you're up for a coffee or something. :)

6. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here in Kitsap County, it looks like months until we get roads reopened and bridges rebuilt. Tahuya and a few other places are still isolated by broken bridges. But, on a brighter note :D, power was not a major problem during the storm.

7. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Glad you guys are ok. There was something on the dog agility list I'm on about a woman who was trapped in her house for 36 hours by a river that flooded, and most of the her dogs drowned.
    Makes me glad the Prius will hold all of mine, plus emergency gear if we ever have to evacuate.