1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stranded in the Desert

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rndiego, Nov 21, 2021.

1. rndiego

rndiego Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello fellow Prius owners! My name is Ron and my Prius ll is a 2014 with Navi and a sun/moon roof and that solar roof thing.

I went to dinner a few evenings ago and when I came returned to my 2014 Prius about 2-3 hours later it would not start. I was able to enter the car and I tried to start it and I thing I was doing things not in the same sequence I normally do them. After about a minute or so the car was making moaning , whimpering sounds and then just kind of died. I called AAA and they came and jumped the car under the hood and it started immediately. I drove the car home about 25 miles or so and so far so good. I does seem that it hesitates a few seconds after pushing the button before starting. The 12v battery was replaced a little more than a year ago. Could I have somehow created a disabling of the car by doing a crazy combination of trying to start the car out of normal sequence? I am past due for my 120,000 maintenance...would this be a way of trying to get my attention! I am always traveling between Palm Spring and San Diego and would hate to get stranded again. Of course to get in for maintenance there is a wait. Could this just be a fluke?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A year is early for a 12 volt battery problem, but it definitely sounds as if that battery isn't happy. Could something in the car have been left on while you were at dinner?