1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Alarm tone when the wife unlocks the car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SamR, Jan 9, 2005.

1. SamR

SamR New Member

When I open the car by taking hold of the handle the car does 2 beeps and unlocks the doors. When my wife trys this it unlocks but she gets about a 10 second steady tone. Doesn't matter if it is the driver or passenger door. Haven't been able to figure out what is different between her FOB and mine. Anybody seen this before???

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

not until you posted it. Did you try a search on it? I've been following the posts fairly steady since Jan of last year and don't recall anything on it. It sound like a recognition problem with the fob and if it's repeatable I'd take it to the dealer and ask them to reprogram both fobs.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the long tone is when you try to lock the door when the door is open. Has she been pressing the black button the outside while she was opening the door thus triggering this alarm tone?

4. SamR

SamR New Member

I came to the same conclusion after I posted this message. I will have her try tomorrow and see if she is actually pressing the button while trying to unlock the door. Thanks

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    She wouldn't be the first person who thought the black button was a catch release.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bruce is right. I've had poeple think the black button is the release that you push while pulling the handle; like some cars.

Then again, you might be on to something. I wonder if there's a way to have Priapus beep at my wife when she tries to get in the driver's seat. :twisted: