1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stevesol, Oct 9, 2004.

1. stevesol

stevesol Junior Member

Has anyone ever had an incident where the volume control on the audio system failed to work? I was driving this morning and noticed that the volume control wouldn't respond at all. Not on the dash and not on the steering wheel. I couldn't do ANYTHING with audio except switch modes or turn it on/off... I couldn't change the balance, bass, treble... nothing. I also lost ALL of the feedback beeps from the tactile display. The other screens (climate, NAV) functioned normally, just without beeps. Later in the day when I fired it up to drive home, everything was normal. Gremlins?

P.S. I found out what the STUPIDEST animal on the face of the earth is.

HINT:
    An animal that encounters a road with an oncoming car will do one of three things:

A- Watch you from a distance
    B- Run away
    C- Decide to run RIGHT INTO THE SIDE OF YOUR PRIUS as you drive by it.

This animal selected choice C from the depths of its pea sized brain.

Answer: A deer.

I am SO CAREFUL with my car... I park at the fringes of parking lots to avoid car door dings, shopping carts, and spacially challenged drivers. I never thought I'd be attacked by a crazed deer. The stupid thing ran off into the woods. I have to go the body shop to get two side panels fixed. Sheesh!

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

radio problem is well documented here on PC crazed deer are not well documented here on PC
    reboot car to fix radio and boot deer to fix problem?
    Sorry to hear your luck on the latter.